Sunday, June 13, 2010

Turtles, Toads, and PRAYING MANTIS OH MY!!!!

So the other day we were lucky enough to encounter the MARTIAN AKA Cottonwood Borer, Today we encounter so many more creatures.

It started of with Bishu my little white dog barking, and barking in the back yard, Now normally that's nothing new as he is a lap dog and barking is one of the many things he does best, ( besides licking himself silly )

So after about 20 min I go out into the yard to find out what on earth is in the woods that is causing this mass hysteria, only to come across a HUGE turtle.

Now turtles in my yard is nothing new, But this one was about 12 inches long and he was in my BACK yard. How on earth did he get into the fenced yard????

So I pick it up and carry it to the front and help him into the woods where he was headed.

After letting him go I turn to walk back into the house and there is a TOAD.. No not a little frog but a big ol size of my hand TOAD... so the boys thought this was WICKED COOL...

in their words

"FIRST A MASSIVE TURTLE NOW A TOAD.... WHAT KIND OF JUNGLE DO WE LIVE IN????"

so after "petting" the toad they came in and washed their hands thoroughly, we eat breakfast then Grasshopper decideds he is going to go "CHECK" ( which in Grasshopper language it means MESS with the turtle and toad ) and he comes running back into the house with a Praying mantis...

CAN WE KEEP IT???? CAN WE?????

Sure put him in the container you had the other Martian.... so they do, Then they decide they need to go gather food for the little guy.. and out they run with Ziploc baggies in hand to find FOOD.....

they come in after about 10 minutes and announce

I found 1 ( that was grasshopper ) and Rang found a dead one ( rang pipes up... ITS ONLY HALFWAY DEAD. )

OH THANK THE LORD... I MEAN HALF WAY IS STILL BETTER THEN ALL THE WAY..... hehehe

they grab the container and go to put their food in it for their newest pet and I hear

WHERE IS IT???

UM WHAT??? What do you mean WHERE IS IT????

its gone mom...

UM LIKE IT IS IN THE HOUSE WONDERING AROUND GONE???

YEP!!! ( I mean hello don't say YEP in a Happy tone )

I now have a freaking Praying Mantis wondering aimlessly through my house

so after I calmly regain composure I say

FIND IT NOW!!!!

after some searching they did manage to find it and Recapture it...

( this is where I breath a sigh of relief )

so after our fun filled creature morning I can safely say...

I HAVE TO MANY BOYS IN MY HOUSE.... I NEED A GIRL....

oh and this all went down before 10am... And I still have to go to work today Oy VEY

No comments: