Sunday, June 20, 2010

Naked & UNASHAMED

So I was chatting it up with some rather wise ladies on my BF group, and we were discussing when is the right time to stop letting your children ( if they are the opposite sex as you ) see you in all your glory so too speak.

Now I stopped letting my boys see me in my "TRUE UN-AIRBRUSHED FORM "when they hit 5-6, Not because I was thinking it was wrong or that it was perverted but well lets face it.

I scream with horror when I see my flabbiness in the mirror. I sure as heck don't need my boys having it seared into their brains... I mean can you imagine having "THAT" conversation in 15 years.

this is how the conversation would go

" So mom, "

" yes dear "

" you remember when I was a little boy?"

" Of course sweetie, You where such a good little boy."

" Yeah, Yeah, ANYWAYS....."


"well last night I was trying to get my groove on with (insert Name of future daughter in law ) and she walked out of the shower and

BAM!!!!!

their standing in her place was not my beautiful wife but rather YOU.... YEP I saw YOU..... in ALL YOUR GLORY... ( insert a big ol' EWWWWWWW!!!!!! )

now mom I am not saying your not a pretty lady, but REALLY???

NOT THE IMAGE I WAS HOPING FOR WHEN LOOKING AT MY WIFE...

I HOPE YOU KNOW I AM RUINED FOR LIFE. SCARRED,

I AM GOING TO NEED YEARS OF THERAPY....

OH AND THE WHOLE GRANDCHILDREN THING... YEP NOT GOING TO HAPPEN ANYTIME SOON....
"


So that is MY reasoning for why we nipped it in the butt ( LOTS OF PUN INTENDED ) when we did.

So when did you all make that decision????

Now if only I could convince my children that YES the bathroom does actually have a door lets try CLOSING IT WHEN ONE GOES.....Baby steps I guess

No comments: