Friday, June 11, 2010

The Martians have Landed

We have lived in Texas for 6 years now, And in those 6 years I have seen some pretty crazy things,

Snakes ( lots of them ), Turtles walking through the yard, Tarantulas in my home, spiders that I swear take one look at me and lick their chops, cattle that have horns that are so big I wonder how on earth they can even hold up their heads.

But I can honestly say that up until today I had not seen anything quite so beautiful, but freaky as what Rang Tang encountered in the Dog food bin this morning.

this is how it all went down

Rang Tang: WHAT THE HECK!!!!! Grasshopper come here.. OH MY GOSH!!!


Grasshopper: What NOW!!! ( walks into the garage ) HOLY COW!! WHAT IS THAT THING?????

Rang Tang: I don't know but its FREAKY...

then there was alot of running back and forth from the garage and the bedroom.

Rang Tang: YOU PICK IT UP.. I AIN"T TOUCHING IT.....

Grasshopper: Its not going to bite, MOVE... Wait hand me that shovel. ( someone thought they were tough )

then they both come running up to me...

CAN WE GIVE THIS TO DADDY FOR HIS BIRTHDAY???????

me: what, stand back I can't see. HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!!!! WHAT THE HECK IS THAT SUCKER???????

Grasshopper: ( in his best Hermione voice ) It's a Tiger Beetle. I read about them in my insect book.

Me: THAT SUCKER IS HUGE... AND WICKED COOL....

so here is a picture of the Martian that landed in our Dog food bin



After some actual research via the WORLD WIDE WEB ( I always think of Optumis Prime when I say that )

it is in fact a Cottonwood Borer... Which makes total sense since we have a ton of Cottonwoods in our yard.

so I can now add this to yet another crazy thing seen in Texas

No comments: