Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Crazy and Hectic....

It never fails, when one has tons on her plate there never seems to be enough hours in the day... let alone enough days in a week.

We have had birthday parties, Re-arranging of rooms that consisted of painting the walls, work, April fools day, Easter, Six Flags and even a death...

To say I have been busy is the understatement of the year.

Rang-Tangs birthday is April 1st. So this year it fell on a Thursday which is the day I work from 10am to 8pm, We decided to have the party the Sunday before at the local pool. Rang had a great time and I as usual stressed over every little detail for NO REASON...

And because I am a gluten for punishment, and decided I didn't already have enough stress in my life, I decided to take it upon myself to paint the Nemo playroom so Darling Hubby and I could move into the playroom. ( why you ask did we move into there? Well I will tell you why....

You see the playroom is at the front of the house and we happen to live in a cul de sac with some pretty shady neighbors. Both hubby and I did not feel safe with the monkeys in that room, so for that last 2 1/2 years the monkeys have had their bunk-beds in the master suit with us. )

hubby and I decided since all we do is sleep in the room with the occasional Hankie-Spankie, and seeing how the monkeys have far more crap than us, we would give them the master suit and move into the Nemo playroom.

Well like I said I took it upon myself to paint. NOT knowing that you can not paint over semi-gloss paint with Latex without sanding the walls first. ( OY VEY )


so after hours of moving everything outta the room and sanding the walls I was ready to run into the closet and lock the door behind me...for I loath painting... No I mean it, I REALLY HATE TO PAINT.... I think I have a issue with it. from my ANAL mom and dad, you see we had to paint the walls of our house I swear every other freaking year cause
( insert my mom's voice ) THEY ARE DIRTY......

So in comes hubby and See's how hot and sweaty and blue I was ( YES I WAS BLUE FROM HEAD TO TOE.... darn Nemo water... I mean really..... WHO"S DUMB IDEA WAS IT TO PAINT A UNDERWATER ROOM????? oh yeah me..... )

So we get the walls wiped down and start the painting.
what??? what is that you say???? what color did we use?

glad you asked. I WANTED A DEEP DARK RICH RED..... we now have a sagie ( not sure if that is even a word ) eucalyptus green, We did try the red with some sample paint. EWWWW!!! NO did not look good I thought I would end up having a seizure with all the red.

so now we have a nice calming pretty room.

Then came Rang's actual birthday so after I got off work we went to Bahama Bucks for some yummy sno-cones. then home. we Hubby and I actually had the entire weekend off. We had a terrific Easter morning then met up with friends at six flags which was our first time and it was FANTASTIC.... there was really NO waits the only wait hubby and my 6 year old Rang had was the new Tony Hawk roller coaster. ( yep my little Rang Tang LOVES SCARY RIDES.... ) while mommy and grasshopper stay safely on the ground.... ( I AM A CHICKEN AND PROUD OF IT...)

To end the crazy week I found out today that my main boss had passed away Easter morning. She was the nicest person anyone could hope to meet. ALWAYS had a big smile on her face. I can honestly say I never saw her without one. The world is a sadder place without her in it. But Heaven is dancing in the streets to have her there.

So folks that has been my week in a nut shelf. I have lots of photos that I will be posting in the next few days.

5 comments:

Lolidots said...

Good grief, you have been busy! So sorry for your loss.

Now you've gotta post some pics of the new room! I need to get all inspired because I desperately want to start redoing some of our rooms!

TIFFANY said...

Wow! You have had a busy week! I hope you get some time to slow down and relax a little this week. I'm so sorry to hear about your loss.

Can't wait to see what the new room looks like!

Murdock's mama said...

Wow! Glad MamaM featured you...I was missing out before! Can't wait to read more of your blog!

Abby
www.murdocksmama.blogspot.com

Mama M. said...

Hey Mindy! You're the "Date of the Week" this week!!

TAMMY said...

I am a chicken when it comes to rides too! I completely understand "busy"! Seems to be where I live lately!