Saturday, March 6, 2010

Grocery Shopping

I wanted to talk about something that I find both full filling and frustrating all at the same time.

Grocery Shopping.

Are you the type that shops every week for that weeks grocery's? Or the type that shops daily? Or every other week?

If you are like me I like to get the shopping done at the beginning of the month and be done with it. Not because I don't like to shop, ( I actually don't mind grocery shopping, Its all the other kind of shopping I thoroughly dislike)

I like to have it done and over with for many reason. One I know what is going to be eaten for the month, so why not have it done with? And if I have it done then I don't need to RUN to the Store for the 1 item only to walk out with another $50.00 spent on stuff we DID NOT NEED.

I love my hubby but to send him to the store means I KNOW HE WILL COME BACK WITH AT LEAST 2 BAGS WORTH OF STUFF WE DID NOT NEED....

Also when I shop at the beginning of the month we are LESS likely to eat out, thus saving us more money. If I have it written down ( the menu ) then we must stick to it RIGHT??? We have the attitude of SO IT IS WRITTEN SO SHALL IT BE DONE.
Now I am not saying that we don't splurge and actually eat out once or twice but I am saying WE ARE LESS LIKELY...

the reason I get frustrated with the shopping however is that the prices of things are incredibly RIDICULES... I just can't fathom why some things are so darn expensive. I mean take Prunes for example ( yes I like them and so does Grasshopper so I do occasionally splurge and buy them ) but a small package was like 3.50 the other day. I mean COME ON they are dried PLUMS... Did I buy them? yes I did only to run into Sam's and see a HUGE package for $6.00, It is just so amazing to me the price difference.

So as you get to the store in the next few days. Try actually comparing prices and you will be surprised how certain things are WAY to expensive and others, not so much.

6 comments:

Mandy said...

"I love my hubby but to send him to the store means I KNOW HE WILL COME BACK WITH AT LEAST 2 BAGS WORTH OF STUFF WE DID NOT NEED...."

THANK YOU for saying this! Lol it is pretty much impossible for my husband to go to the store by himself.... and it is physical torture for us to go grocery shopping together!

He is such an impulse buyer!

Tracy said...

you should become a couponer.

Mindy Skains Independant Scentsy Consultant said...

I always cut them out and have all the intention to use them, but then never do.

Anonymous said...

I am able to make link exchange with HIGH pr pages on related keywords like [url=http://www.usainstantpayday.com]bad credit loans[/url] and other financial keywords.
My web page is www.usainstantpayday.com

If your page is important contact me.
please only good pages, wih PR>2 and related to financial keywords
Thanks
AlumebrAnum

Kathryn said...

My family is on a not trans fat diet.. I wrote about it on my blog along with all the foods that contain trans fats.. Anther plus is a majority of the foods that contain trans fats are all the sugary crap foods.. I shop twice a week.. I have to say I have spending money on FOOD!! It's such a waist to me.. We are so alike!

MommyTimesTwo said...

I was just complaining about the exact same thing when it comes to the price differences.

In fact, as I was forced into the Walmart the other night (because Save-a-Lot was closing right when I pulled up), I realized how outrageous some of the prices can get.

3 lbs of bananas for $1 at Save-a-Lot

versus

1 1/2 lbs of bananas for $1.55 at Walmart

I spent $0.55 more for half as many darn bananas! What a rip!