Sunday, February 28, 2010

YUMMY.... YOU WANT SOME?????

Well I can not believe it is Sunday. WOW where did the weekend go? I thought I would give you all an update on what has happened to me since I last posted.


I went in On Friday for a CT Scan and OH MY GRAVY.... I had to drink barium sulfate. EWWWW 2 big ol containers of it.

For those of you that do not know what it is, allow me to enlighten you. Imagine a big jug of ground up chalk mixed with elmers glue and flavored like bananas... sound yummy???? FAR FROM IT..... it taste just like it sounds.


As if that was not the worst of it. I had to get an IV with Iodine in it. ( oh what one goes through in the name of medicine.

Well on would think that was the end of the FUN but NOPE, I apperently was dehydrated so the technichian was having NO luck in locating a vein, Now on most occasions needles don't bother me, But the girl could not get a vein , she first tired on my left arm to no avail. then moved to my right and stuck me then was wiggling the needle in my arm I became so incredibly sick to my tummy while she was doing it. I thought I was going to pass out. IT WAS BAD.... I almost asked if I could insert the IV myself. ( I have NO experience but figured I could not do any worse than her. )


And if you have never had the iodine injected into you let me explain the sensation. It starts out this warmness spreading through you then it moves down to you bladder and you honest to goodness feel like you are peeing your pants. NOT A FUN SENSATION..... ( so basically an all around FUN day )


So after all that fun I headed to Bush's to get a Arnold Palmer ( Ice tea with lemonade ) and a roll. ( remember I had not eaten anything since Tuesday night. Actually that was what was supposed to happen. when in fact at 5pm on Thursday the Dr called and said they could not get me in on Friday that I could eat something light. So at 7:30pm after Grasshoppers concert we went to Jason's Deli with some dear friends and I had a bowl of Tomato Basil soup and a few bites of Darling Hubby's salad. ) only to get home at 9 and have 3 messages telling me I AM having the CT scan the next day.


ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME????? I AM SOOOOO NOT DRINKING THAT

GO-LYTLEY AGAIN.... NO WAY NO HOW.....


so bright and early the next day I called the clinic and told them I had in fact eaten. The nurse said it was fine as long as I had not eaten past midnight and not to eat until after the CT scan.


Where was I..... Oh that's right bought a Arnold Palmer and a roll. then went to pick up the boys and head home. With a feeling as if I had just had cement poured into my tummy, YUCK!!!


Darling hubby made a yummy steak and potato dinner which I ate as much as my shrunken tummy could manage which was not much. then watched a movie and headed to bed.


Saturday I spent the day at work. then off to church then to Chick-fila with a good friend and his daughter ( his wife and son where at the Hospital visiting her father, if you could say a prayer for the father that would be great. ) we ate then let the kids play till around 9 then ran to BAM to get FARMER BOY for grasshoppers lit class. then came home where I crawled into bed with my new book I bought at BAM


Now I am at work typing this and listening to K-Love. and telling you all about my hectic busy weekend.


So that's pretty much it folks. I am hoping to hear from the Dr in the morning telling me something. once I do I will let you all know.....


I promise thought to post photos of the monkeys in the snow and at grasshoppers concert when I get home. Till then. CHOW!!!

2 comments:

Arizona Mamma said...

Well I hope you are able to get some answers. Curious to know what they find.

Hen Jen said...

oh wow, that does not sound fun at all, horrible. I had to do the long sugar tests with all my babies, I had a hard time not throwing up the cola type stuff they make you drink, I don't know if I would have made it through your ordeal

hope you get good news,

much grace and peace,