Sunday, February 14, 2010

They are little girls LEAVE THEM BE

Ok I am just in Shock on this and am wondering WHY?
Ok if you know me you know that my monkeys are BOYS ALL BOY... I do not have a daughter and so I am not sure if this is normal or not, so I ask you all.

Is it normal or acceptable to DOLL your daughter up? By that I mean having a little girl wear make-up? wear fake nails, ( no I am not talking the lee press on's, Im talking about the WHOLE Acrylic things )

wearing clothes that I myself would NOT be caught dead in. ( ok in all fairness I am Fat so that is why I would not be caught in them, )

But I just wonder Do you all pluck your daughters brows? color their hair? have dental work done that consist of teeth whitening?

I just want some feed back on this?
In my opinion I feel its WRONG and well abuse. I mean if you are doing all this to say a 7 year old what kind of damage do you think you are doing to her ? To me its like saying.

SORRY HONEY YOU ARE NOT PRETTY ENOUGH SO LETS DO THIS, AND THIS SO YOU WILL BE.

Ok this is just really bothering me. I just had a mother in here with her daughter who not only had MORE makeup on than me but real fake nails and she could not have been more than 7 maybe 8. SO whats up with this?
so if you happen to be one of those moms that do the whole Pageant thing and go way crazy on it. Sorry.

4 comments:

TAMMY said...

Nope, I never did any of that with my daughter. My husband would have killed me if I put make-up on her. I can't imagine why moms want to put so much on their daughters so young. It'll happen soon enough on it's own.

Christy said...

I would NEVER color my daughter's hair or put on real acrylic nails. I teach dance, I actually teach her class and she's nearly 6. She has worn makeup but for shows. Occasionally she will watch me put on some makeup (which is natural, I don't wear a lot) and she'll ask to wear some. I give her my powder brush and pretend to put on some light wisper pink eyeshadow. She thinks its fun to play dressup like Cinderella. BUT NEVER NEVER on purpose or frequently...it's just not good.

nikki said...

My daughters are 5 an 7... my daughters dance so they wear makeup for shows... but never for going out, in my opinion thats wrong. They're just little girls.
I would never colour my daughters hair or put on acrylic nails... although I do paint their toe nails every few months or so.
They grow up fast enough without me rushing it!

Confessions From A Working Mom said...

You're not the only one who thinks this. Have you seen that show on TLC, "Toddlers & Tiaras", I think it's called? It grosses me out. My daughter wears her share of pink, but she is not a doll, she is not on display. Kids need to wear clothes they're comfortable in, can play in, can explore in! This was the one thing that TERRIFIED mem about having a girl!

~Elizabeth
Confessions From A Working Mom