Friday, February 19, 2010

Do you remember WHEN

I posted around Valentines Day that I had mastered the SUGAR COOKIE??? Well your in for a treat.

I NOT ONLY MASTERED THE SUGAR COOKIE BUT THIS SANDWICH COOKIE AS WELL...

Yes its true I have this insatiable need to be the BEST DARN COOKIE MAKER..... so I thought I would tease you all with some yummy photos.

Yes I did try the cookies I mean HELLO WHAT KIND OF COOKIE MASTER WOULD I BE HAD I NOT TRIED MY OWN MASTERPIECES....( I said this all with the last bit of ooey-gooey goodness in my mouth.)




This little bad boy I am IN LOVE WITH.... I have to confess I did NOT make this cookie up. I actually stole, I mean BORROWED from a book. You see there is this gal that writes these books and I have to admit I LOVE THEM... I have read every last one, some 2-3 times. Her name is Diane Mott-Davidson


And this little beauty came from her newest book ( see image below ) that I again GOBBLED UP..



This had some PRETTY amazing recipes in it, And I have to admit I have made QUITE a few of her recipes from all of her books and ALL of them have turned out to be YUMMY........




Now these happen to be the sugar cookies I made and we made them into Valentines for the boys to pass out to their friends.
I may be a bit bias but I think these turned out to be ADORABLE.... what do you all think?





The icing was a light lemony concoction that blended PERFECT with the almond, vanilla softness of the cookie... Man I am making my mouth water just thinking of them....



9 comments:

Mama M. said...

Oh for real. I may hafta hate you for this one! You are now officially responsible for any growth in my saddle bags, any additional chins I adopt, and my, what are sure to be, burgeoning love handles!

That cookies looks like it's to die for!

But, um...RECIPE please!!!

Tina said...

Mindy I think you did a great job with the valentines....very cute!

Hugs

Kate said...

I think I'm going to have to make you my new BFF so I can get some of those cookies in my belly!

WAY TO GO YOU!!

Alicia@Playing With Paper said...

wow! how cute!! I love these cookies! I wish I could taste them!!

Ann said...

Those looks SO AMAZING!!
yum!!!

Rebel said...

I love her books too though I've never tried her recipes.

Mindy Skains Independant Scentsy Consultant said...

Rebel you REALLY need to.... I sent you an email awhile ago about KJ and seeing if he could give Rang drum lessons. Did you ever get the email?

Rebel said...

Which email address did you send it to? I never saw an email unless it was today. Going to check.

Mindy Skains Independant Scentsy Consultant said...

No it was right after Christmas, It was the one I got from the FLT loop