Friday, January 8, 2010

HTML... WHAT??????

Ok this is about to drive me directly to the funny farm, no stopping at GO and no collecting $200 dollars.

HTML REALLY? I mean come on, do they actually expect everyday moms like me with the average IQ of what 60? to understand these? I mean why is there no site out there that's like

HTML FOR DUMMIES or as I like to say HTML FOR MOMS LIKE ME....

I read blogs. ( shhh!!!! don't tell anyone my dirty little secret. ) but I do, and the blogs I read ( you can actually see a list of the ones I find interesting and inspiring to the left of my blog. HEHEHE I felt like an Airline Attendant for a sec... )
anywho I digress. ( yes I have the attention span of a rabid monkey, but that is neither here, nor there. )
I look at these other moms and yes there is a dad and they have these AMAZING blogs, the layouts are SPECTACULAR
( I used a big word. Time for a nap )
and all I can say is


WHAAAA!!!!! I WANT ONE TOO!!!!! sniff! sniff!

But I am also smart enough to know that there is NO WAY ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH I AM EVER GOING TO FIGURE IT OUT... Why even bother?? I mean HELLOOOO I know I am SO NOT SMART ENOUGH, I mean I am smart enough to KNOW I am not smart enough... So I am just going to have to bite the bullet and pay one of these brilliant moms that DO KNOW how to do them to make me my very own personal LAUGH IN YOUR FACE SHAAAZAMMM!!!! BLOG LAYOUT....

Now I will have to actually convince darling hubby that I REALLY DO NEED THIS....

ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS on HOW to convince darling hubby? Or WHO makes these
FAB-U-LOW-SO layouts?

9 comments:

~Amy~ said...

Hi Mindy:) Hang in there. You know you can usually find the blog layout location on their blogs. There they have free layout... that you can copy and past the HTML code in {WINK} it walks you through it. Good luck.... you will catch the hang of it. BTW... your blog looks wonderful. Hope your Scentsy is going well. Jan. can be a slow month.

TAMMY said...

Everything I know about HTML could probably fit in the palm of my hand. I found my template on Template Mama's website. http://template-mama-freebloggertemplates.blogspot.com/ and she had step by step instructions that were pretty easy to follow. I see now that her site is down for some maintenance. But she has a list up of some other websites with templates. I hope you can find something on one of them and step by step instructions on how to use them. I'd be more than happy to help you if I could. But chances are I'd do more harm than good. Good luck! Can't wait to see what you come up with!

The Butler Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Butler Family said...

Thank you for your kind words Mindy =) And I saw the picture of your niece. From the time you went to WA to do a surprise visit. I loved that post! Your niece is a beautiful girl and they do look similar lol. Abigail will be 9 in May. So how is your baby nephew doing? Are you planning for another trip to see them?

Mindy Skains Independant Scentsy Consultant said...

He is getting big and I MISS HIM... WE are actually going up in July for my nieces 8Th birthday and so the kids can play with their cousins. They are SUPER excited about that.

Jamie H said...

I knew nothing about HTML when I started blogging too. In fact, I still know really nothing about HTML but I have done everything to my blog by myself. It's called Google. I see something on someone's blog I like and then Google how to do it. I always backup my blog HTML first before I make changes just in case I screw something up. It's not that hard once you find the tutorial that fits you but sometimes it can take a lot of searching for that tutorial. I bookmark all the ones I like so I can easily go back if I want to change things.
(side note: I'd make my own background but I kinda like the one I found :)

Mindy Skains Independant Scentsy Consultant said...

Jamie you are WOMAN HEAR YOU RAOR... I tried to follow the directions once... NOTICE I SAID ONCE... it was a very scary time... I was yelling at the puter, I was crying and Darling hubby said REALLY??? YOUR GETTING THIS UPSET OVER AN INANIMATE OBJECT THAT CAN CARELESS ABOUT YOUR FEELINGS?
I was like YES.
he said if you wanna learn it take a class.
HMMM ME IN SCHOOL.... NOT LIKLEY with all I have going on now.

Tracy said...

Your blog looks great.

Anonymous said...

Good post and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you for your information.