Tuesday, November 3, 2009

I am OFFICALLY OLD

There are alot of things that make one feel old. For example:


-When you are called MAM by a pimply teenage boy at the local Hop & Shop ( I doubt this is an actual store, but it sure is fun to say. )

-When your children ask you if you were alive during the first Thanksgiving, ( yes I was asked this )

-And now I can say I AM SO OLD THAT I HAVE BEEN ALIVE TO SEE A TV SHOW RECYCLED...

Yes folks I was alive back in the day when the very first V was on the tube. Back in the 80's. And I can honestly say that back in the Big Haired, Bangle wearing Jelly bracelet having, Madonna worshipping, Micheal Jackson crushing days, DID I EVER think that I would live to see this particular TV show be REPEATED.. Oy VEY... DO I feel old.

So I decided to pull up my big girl panties ( or old lady panties that I wear ) and sit through the pilot episode with my little men. Hoping that one day in the near future my boys can say
WAY BACK IN THE DAY WHEN I WAS A CHILD I WATCHED THIS SHOW WITH MY FOLKS...

AHHHHHH!!!! payback, one can hope.

SO are you all feeling old now too?

6 comments:

MannMom3 said...

Dude!! I remember my parents watching it..I think I was 5..So, yes, know I feel old too!! Thanks a lot Mindy!!! ;-)

Jamie H said...

I used to LOVE V!! I thought it was so gross when they ate the spiders and stuff! I'm not excited about this new version though. I don't think anything will beat the origional.

Mindy Skains Barefoot Book Ambassador said...

EWWW I don't remember them eating the spiders.
I just never thought I would see a show be RECYCLED and here I have seen them redo
Knight Rider and now V...

Shannon said...

HAHAHA that is so funny...I am in the same boat. I actually own the original on DVD because I liked the show so much when I was younger. SIGH I dont want to be old LOL. Kinda embarrassed to say I was actually almost a teen when the show first aired.

Shannon said...

I loved Marc Singer. He was the dreamiest. So can I join the old as dirt club now? Please?

Shannon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.