Saturday, November 21, 2009

Elf on the Shelf

Do you have this little guy roaming around your house? Do you know where he will be next?


For those of you that have NO idea what I am talking about allow me to introduce to you
ELROY,
OUR ELF.

Elroy as the boys named him came to live with us last year. He is a cute little guy that likes to keep the boys in line and hide all over the house.

You see Elroy is a spy for the big guy in Red. Every night he magically goes to the North pole and lets Mr. S ( for little eyes that may be reading ) and tells Mr. S what Logan and Brae have been up to that day.

then when he comes back home he likes to hide in a different spot. ( this the boys find fascinating and love to look for him every morning. )

now one never knows were Elroy may appear. The tree, the clock, the chandelier, on top of the valance, or in the bathroom. ( this was not a happy place per the boys. HE MIGHT SEE THEIR PRIVATES. =)

So as Thanksgiving approaches I know little Elroy will come back from the Great North to grace us with his presence and spy on the boys for a few weeks.

So watch out. You never know where he will pop up again.

7 comments:

Jamie H said...

Oh my gosh, that is the cutest idea/tradition ever! I just may have to copy you and start that in my house! I think my 3 year old would get it but my one year old is still a bit young :)

Mindy Skains Barefoot Book Ambassador said...

Jamie,
its actually a KIT. there is a story book in it and all. I even took it a step further and made up a story from Elroys perspective each personalized with my boys names and things they like. I had it laminated and bound at Kinkos for real cheap. the books were left next to the plate of cookes that Mr. S ate and my boys READ them all the time and treasure them.

Brianne said...

I love it! What a good idea! Where did you get this Kit?

Mindy Skains Barefoot Book Ambassador said...

our dear friends bought it for us. I have seen him at Hallmark I THINk...

Mindy Skains Barefoot Book Ambassador said...

our dear friends bought it for us. I have seen him at Hallmark I THINk...

Cop Mama said...

Oh I love this idea. My little stinker....er, I mean 3 year old son has been acting up quite a bit lately. But he sure is looking forward to Christmas. Maybe I will have to steal (borrow) your idea. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!