Monday, October 26, 2009

WHY? I want to know....

Do they exist? Snakes in the house I can handle. Mice yes, lizards yes, but Spiders NO WAY NO HOW....

So I am reading in bed last night at 12:45 and I see something move outta the corner of my eye and low and behold it is a HUGE FRICKEN SPIDER..

( and by the way I KNOW IT LICKED ITS CHOPS WHEN IT SAW ME. )

This is to give you the idea of what this little thing looked like. Only bigger. ( DARN TEXAS AND YOUR EVERYTHING IS BIGGER IN TEXAS CRAP.)

I had to wake Darling hubby up to kill it. ( which I am sure he thoroughly enjoyed doing... What can I say the Man loves me. )

Now there is something seriously wrong when you kill the spider and it curls up and is STILL the size of a freaking 50 cent piece.

So I ask again. WHY DO WE HAVE THEM? ( other than to give me the hebbie jebbies. )

And I KNOW without a shadow of doubt. THAT IF THERE IS ONE IN MY ROOM, THERE ARE HUNDREDS.... So I slept like cow doo doo.

10 comments:

Sandi said...

I see spiders like that, where we live too. I am not a fan! But I will kill them on my own. I've been known to give a few a beat down. lol

Mindy Skains Barefoot Book Ambassador said...

No I can't get close enough to KILL them. ( I know its all in my head, But I am convinced the closer I get to them, they will jump onto me. )

I just can't take that risk.

Laura said...

Oh my gosh girl, you need to MOVE up north!! Your stories about spiders and snacks give me nightmares! :) I will now never complain about daddy long legs again....okay, I probably will just not to you! :)

Jessica said...

We have a "lake" (also known as a retention pond) behind our home. This leads to SPIDERS EVERYWHERE! Roaches, too, but that's another story...

The (Un)Experienced Mom said...

Ok, I would seriously have freaked out, too! Total aracnophobic here! You are brave!

Tamara
http://theunexperiencedmom.blogspot.com

ashley said...

Stumbled upon your blog from MckMama's forum..the spiders are Wolf Spiders, we have huge ones here in PA.These spiders are smarter than most...you can actually watch them thinking. They can jump, VERY high..they are very aggressive and will fight back. They aren't too harmful most of the time...but can leave nasty scars. They're very scary looking though!! Every time I see one I get chills.

purejoy said...

what's even scarier than a wolf spider? a wolf spider carrying its babies on itself. you try to kill it, and the babies scatter by the MILLIONS. if you're going to kill one of these suckers, you better get it right the first time. *shudder*

Mindy Skains Barefoot Book Ambassador said...

OK THANKS ALOT.... I am already freaked out that it was in my house. NOW you tell me they JUMP...
OY VEY.... I may never sleep again.


AND WE SEE THEM ALL THE TIME HAULING THEIR BABIES...

Darling hubby likes to get his torch out and light them on fire.

I know we are cruel BUT COME ON....

Lisa Curcio said...

OMGosh! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

OH
MY
GOSH!

AHHHHHHH!



AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!


That beast would keep me up for weeks. I have the worst case of heebeejeebeeeeeeeeessss now.

Can you tell I am freaked!! I would have thrown a huge book at it.

Cindy said...

Okay, you can handle snakes and lizards, but not spiders?? LOL I'm thinking the size of a snake compared to a spider makes snakes far bigger enemies than spiders! (At least in my snake-scaredy-pants eyes!) :o)