Friday, October 23, 2009

Faith Friday Post





Well I was just at Sweet As Pie's blog and she had this amazing button that I Loved.

So I STOLE IT... Yep you read that right I AM A THIEF.... But the Lord still loves me.
Besides she said I could. so THERE!!! ( sticking out my tong and wiggling my fingers in my ears )

So I thought I would give this a try.

I am going to post a brief story on Faith. I then ask that you all respond with a comment about Your Faith or a story about faith. So here we go....

Years ago I worked graveyard at a local store. every night around 2:30 a family would come in. A young mom her hubby and 2 small children.
Now my first thought was WHY ON EARTH DO YOU HAVE THESE BABIES OUT SO LATE.

So after a few visits and talking with them I felt it was ok to be nosy enough and ask them why.

What I was not prepared for was the answer.

The mom stated that they had a baby that was very sick in the hospital and the only time they could be with her was as a family was later in the night. ( the hospital was almost a hour away ) She stated that they knew that the baby was going to be with the Lord soon so this was their family time. (OH MY GOSH....)

I went home the morning and told Darling Hubby about this family and how calm the mom was talking about how she knew that her baby was going to die.
I remember my exact words to darling hubby was

IS THIS LADY MENTAL? Cause if it were me I would be a ranging lunatic.

Darling Hubby said FAITH DEAR.... she has FAITH THAT THE LORD IS WITH THEM NO MATTER WHAT.

I said

I WILL NEVER HAVE THAT FAITH. I WILL HATE GOD IF HE EVER TAKES LOGAN FROM ME. ( Logan was our only child at the time )

But here it is 6 years later and I KNOW WHAT HE MEANT. I FEEL IT. I am not saying I have the strongest faith but I have faith never the less.

I know without a shadow of doubt that My boys are not mine. they are the Lords that he gave me to raise here on earth. but one day they will return to the Lord and be with him.

So there you have it folks. MY Story on Faith.

6 comments:

Julia said...

wow. yes. talk about faith. I am always marvelled at parents of sick babes and how at peace they are with God about their child's sickness (or death). Would I feel that same way??? I have no idea.

I've never been thru anything like that at all. but God does continue to challenge my faith every day. we just moved closer to family. our house at our old place hasn't sold yet. i have a new job that i'm not making as much money at (yet) and we're living with family. all of that is very stressful. but God continues to give me a peace about our life and where we are at. Thanks for sharing my Faith Friday. Please come back every Friday!!!

Sheri said...

Thanks for sharing. I just stumbled onto your blog and will be back! :) Thanks for being a great reminder that the children we have belong to the Father and are just on loan for us here on earth. :)

Rusty and Tara said...

Ok--this is more funny, but emphasizes how important it is to be a good example to our children. I ran a 1/2 marathon last Sunday. We are fairly strict Sabbath Day observers (that day is set aside for worship and family time) and a race on Sunday is REALLY out of the norm. We're driving home from the race and my daughter, who is 5, says to me, "Mom, it's Sunday, right?" I reply, "yes." She says, "But we're not at church. We're at a race." I hesitate to respond, trying to think of what to say and she blurts out, "MOM--WHAT ABOUT JESUS???"
Talk about being put in my place!!

Mindy Skains Barefoot Book Ambassador said...

Tara that is SOOO somthing my Rang Tang would say.
The Lord does not CENSOR OUR LITTLE ONES FOR A REASON.

Jackie said...

I love faith stories. I am amazed at how people handle things with such amazing faith. I feel that I've been blessed with faith but how much I work at it, (reading scriptures and prayer daily) determines my strength in that area. Then when big fat trials come up it can go well if I've been doing my best or can be tough if I've been lazy.

My mom had a brain anerysm 8 years ago and has been unable to move or talk since. She was only 51 and I had a 15 year old sister at home still. That was hard. I was really close to Mom. But, much good has come because of it -things that might not have happened with out her being like this. (I quit work to help with her and found a year later that I was expecting. A miracle as my chances were 15 percent) I know it was a gift to me from a loving Heavenly Father. I am so grateful for the blessings we get when we just try to continue in faith!

I enjoyed your story! Keep up the faith and good stories!

Mindy Skains Barefoot Book Ambassador said...

Jackie,
I am sorry to hear about your mom. But I am amazed at how the Lord has worked for you all. God is Good.