Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Dinner with PHOTOS....

OK first you will gather your ingredients.

Pork Loin CHECK

Crock Pot CHECK

Pineapple CHECK

BBQ SAUCE CHECK


rinse the pork loin and place in CP ( crock-pot ) add the can of Pineapple and the juice and cook on high for 5 hours.

shred and cook for another 2 hours.

add and entire bottle of BBQ Sauce and let cook another hour.

toast whole wheat bun add the cold slaw and the meat and EAT..... YUM O..... My sister gave me this recipe and it is DELISH.... I don't like cold-slaw but on the sammy its DIVINE....

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Yum!! We just had a similar dinner last week. :o)

Mindy Skains Barefoot Book Ambassador said...

I love anything that I can throw into the crock pot and serve. My big sister actually told me about the pineapple and the cold slaw. Gotta love big sisters.

Kimmy said...

Here is the recipe for the sauce I mentioned. By it's self it's kinda strong, but when added to the pork and a good, creamy slaw it's perfect! I found it online and it's called Big Daddy's Finishing Sauce.

Ingredients:

* 1 cup prepared yellow mustard
* 1/2 cup sugar
* 1/4 cup light brown sugar
* 3/4 cup cider vinegar
* 1/4 cup water
* 2 tablespoons chili powder
* 1 teaspoon black pepper
* 1 teaspoon white pepper
* 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
* 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
* 2 tablespoons butter
* 1 tablespoon liquid smoke (hickory flavoring)

Preparation:
Mix all except soy, butter and smoke. Simmer 30 minutes. Stir in remaining ingredients and simmer for 10 more minutes.