Thursday, May 7, 2009

Lions, and Tigers and Vegetariens OH MY!!!

So it has been several days since posting. And alot has happened.

First and for most my boys have asked to become Vegetarians. They said they no longer want to kill animals for food. Other than Fish of course. So Nolan and I decided Sure why not. I mean they both LOVE vegetables and they eats lots of Beans so I am so not worried about the protein they will get plenty. I am however worried about the meals. I mean there are TONS of Vegetarian Meals my question is WILL THEY EAT THEM?

So I have done my Grocery shopping for the month and bought NO MEAT. so now its time to come up will meals they will eat. So from Now on I am going to post every day a new Vegetarian meal that we have that day and rate it. So kinda like the Blog A YEAR OF CROCKPOTING this is going to be

A YEAR OF VEGETABLES


I will post the ingredients the recipe and then a picture of the final outcome and what we rated it as a family. Should be interesting. Oh and please feel free to post a recipe that you think we would enjoy. the more the merrier.


Now on to some sad news. yesterday we lost a beloved pet. Bellatrix the cat. She was only with us a short time ( Aug-May) not even a year. She was the twin of Narcissa and we loved them both. Bellatrix was backed over by Nolan. It was very sad and Nolan had a real hard time with it. I believe I had a much harder time dealing with it. I have only ever lost one other cat and her name was Shadow and that was very hard for me. They boys however took the news WAY better than I did and when Nolan came home from work we went to Home Depot and bought some plants and a pretty stone to make her a nice grave.
WE WILL MISS YOU BELLA.....
this is the only photo we have of her. she was a very shy kitty and Logan was the only one that could calm her.

Bellatrix
July 2008-May 2009
REST IN PEACE BELLA BABY!!!

8 comments:

Queen Mommy said...

So sorry about your sweet Bella. It's hard losing a kitty.

Also, I am very excited about your vegetarian recipes! That should be fun.

Pita pizzas are really good and easy for lunches. I use hummus on them instead of sauce, then top with feta cheese and toppings of choice (bell peppers, sliced roma tomatoes, olives, etc).

For a nicer dinner (or for grilling) you could do maple balsamic seitan. It's a wheat gluten based meat replacer. The marinade is SO good you could use to marinate other stuff as well. (I think I posted it on the Mommy board, but if not, I can try to find the links again for you).

Soon, maybe tonight, I'm going to try making chickpea cutlets. If they turn out, I'll let you know.

Because I said so.... said...

yes please I can't wait to try all sorts of new recipes.

Mrs. Darling said...

I answered your comment on my blog but I will tell you again here. That wood is stacked by the garden shed not the house and we dont have snakes in this area to worry about. LOl Anyway I posted more detail in my comment on my blog if you're interested.

Its been ages since Ive been here. Looks like I need to catch up!

Anonymous said...

I just discovered the website who writes about
many
home based business

If you want to know more here it is
home based business reviews

Anonymous said...

I inclination not concur on it. I assume nice post. Expressly the appellation attracted me to be familiar with the unscathed story.

Anonymous said...

Good fill someone in on and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you for your information.

Anonymous said...

One day I was surfing web and suddenly I discovered website called www.home-businessreviews.com I discovered how to begin my own home business and i was able finally quit my job where i was employed 1 year, now I'm making 150$/day. I was able to make such kind of cash because I discovered some really great home business opportunity. At site called www.home-businessreviews.com OK seems that website owner finally Came across really good online business program which helped him to start his own best home business opportunity, so he finally decided to make website and tell about his own experience about making money online. It seems that he lost so much money before he discovered winner home business program which actually work. But which one? Find out at website below! [url=http://www.home-businessreviews.com]home business[/url]

Anonymous said...

hi fellas. I'm really into shoes and I was looking for the sake of that exact model. The prices seeking the velcros are approximately 300 pounds on every page. But for all I set this area selling them for half price. I in reality love these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely purchase those. what can you tell me about these?