Saturday, May 9, 2009

Fridays Dinner Was a Bust. Saturdays was WAY BETTER

So Friday we had to go to Temple so I was not home to cook. So Saturday I was determined to cook. Although when its 94 out and the humidity is INSANE and I refuse to turn on my AC it makes cooking a real treat. Not to mentions I had just mowed the front yard of a 1 acre parcel while Nolan did the rest.

So I have no idea what its called but I will list the ingredients and by the way it was super duper yummy

1/2 c EVOO
1/2 Butter
1 whole lemon ( squeezed and zested )
1Tablspoon Italian seasoning
1Tsp Basil ( I had to use dried I didn't have fresh )
1/4 c White Whine Vinegar
1/2 white onion chopped well
1Tablespoon Garlic ( I used the garlic in a jar that I had in the fridge.)
2 cups chopped grape tomatoes
1 can White northern beans rinsed and set aside

I box Whole Wheat Spaghetti/


So I added the EVOO, Garlic and onion and let cook for about 15 min on low. then added the butter the lemon juice of the lemon. the zest, the vinegar and the seasoning let simmer for another 10 min while the water boiled. I added the spaghetti then salted the water with Kosher salt till al denta and dranied added the EVOO mixture the chopped tomatos and beans tossed sprinkled with Parmersan and ate..

IT WAS SUPER DUPER YUMMY.

I think next time I will toast up some Pine nuts and add them along with some artichoke hearts and asparagus. The boys loved it but then love anything with beans. I forgot to take a phot we were in a rush to get to church so next time I deffinatly will.

I hope you all enjoy it.

2 comments:

Mrs. Darling said...

Yum toasted pine nuts and artichokes are incredibly delicious. This recipe looks yummy!

Because I said so.... said...

it was very yummy,.