Friday, November 7, 2008

I swear I will teach them

OK so I am not sure about the rest of you but this week alone we got the Etoys Big toy book and the Walmart big toy book in the mail and my boys were INSANE about all the toys. and ALL they want for Christmas. We were actually driving to Kinko's and I was listening to my boys say

OH THIS IS AWESOME I AM GETTING THIS AND I AM GETTING THAT FOR CHRISTMAS

and I wanted to PUKE..... I have talked to my boys everyday about how they need to me thankful and appreciate what they have that there are small children that don't have anything. And every year we discuss what Christmas is about. So after listening to them go on and on I told them I was disappointed in their behavior.

Now I am sure you all will think I am to hard on my kids that they are just excited. And I am not dumb I know they are. But there is no reason they can't be excited and still have some grace. I refuse to have kids that are materialistic and spoiled I will so drill in the meaning of giving and love into their little brains if its the last thing I do... My boys will know that Christmas is JESUS BIRTHDAY and that is why we celebrate the Holiday.... So I am taking my boys to a soup kitchen to help feed the homeless and they will be donating toys to Compassion's Ministry to understand it if far better to give than to receive.

No comments: