Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I love my boys....

So if you have been reading my blog you noticed that I was MIA for awhile. BUSY and STRESSED.... Anywho my last blog was about me trying to teach the boys about the true meaning of Christmas... Well this past Saturday at church I had forgotten that the 3rd Saturday of the month members of the church go to a homeless shelter and feed the homeless. and all of a sudden a light bulb appeared over head... ( really it did you should have seen the looks on folks faces.)
so Nolan and I thought it would be a good idea to go and have the boys help....


can I just say WHAT AN AMAZING THING..... it was the best thing ever. At first I was a tad nervous not knowing what to expect. and if you know me I am a control freak and very outgoing and a tad assertive. Anywho we get their we told the boys what we were doing Logan of course was full of questions. Brae was I DON"T WANT TO AND I AM HUNGRY.... ( leave it to Brae to be blunt)

well it was a slow get go we all just stood around and felt like a outsider. So I thought what the heck I need to be an example to my kids and make the first move. I walked up to a group of men at a table and said

HI I AM MINDY I AM SO GLAD TO MEET YOU.... they told me their names shook my hand and the boys being who they are and constantly glued to my side followed suit.
we met some amazing people and even sat with them and ate dinner. the boys felt right at home and started to run around and play with them and talk to them as if they were old friends.

the best part of the night was when we were at home and we were praying with the boys before bed and Braeden added them into his prayers and Logan asked if we can go back the next day...

GOD IS GREAT......

2 comments:

The Tranas said...

That's awesome! We've talked about doing that sometime too. Our church does outreach serving meals at a women's shelter.

Diary of a Crazed Mama.. said...

I recommend everyone exposing their children to it....