Sunday, September 28, 2008

Snakes on a Plane? FORGETABOUTIT.....

We have snakes in the wood pile. The front porch and the back yard. SNAKES, SNAKES EVERYWHERE.....

So here it is a nice lazy Saturday and Shiya is going Ape Poo and so Nolan and I go out to see whats getting her so upset, She was actually trying to dig under the fence into the wood pile. So Nolan is in the backyard and I am in the front Wearing a pair of flip flops a skirt and tank. we were getting ready for Church, and I am sitting here poking a long stick into the wood pile thinking its either a mouse, or armadillo I can hear it moving so I pull back a log and low and behold. It was Not a rabbit or mouse or any other cute cuddly creature but a big ol snake.

So I call our dear friends and Snake wranglers, to come and help Nolan get rid of it. I didn't know what kind it was but I already had 1 dog bit by a Cottonmouth. Shiya no less I did not want a repeat.

So Dan, Susan, Patty and Larry all come over. Dan has his 22 and Larry has a 45 they start moving the logs and Larry says. THATS A CHICKEN SNAKE.... ITS NOT POISONES...

he starts moving the logs some more and it darts into the back yard at Patty and Nolan and this chicken snake is NOT A CHICKEN SNAKE but in fact a big Ol Cottonmouth and its MADDDD.... it strikes at Dan and Larry. And Dan shoots it right between the eyes in one WICKED AWSOME SHOT.. DAN"S MY HERO..... so with out further ado here is the snake.
that darn sucker is GONE... and if it were not for my Beautiful Shiya Girl we would have never known. And the scary thing is the wood pile is right next to the boys basketball hoop... I am so Thankful for her... I can not imagine had it bit one of the boys.... The Lord was looking out for us that day....

No comments: