Friday, September 26, 2008

I IS STUFFED... LIKE THE CHRISTMAS GOOSE....

SO our dear friends Dan and Susan took us to dinner. Now if you have ever been in Texas you know everything is spread out, and it takes awhile to get to places.
OK... FYI NEVER EVER TAKE DIRECTIONS FROM A MAN.... ESPECIALLY IF SAID MAN IS NAMED DAN.....

BOY CAN THIS GUY GET YOU LOST.... They were so kind to take us to dinner and the food was AAAMMMMAAAAZZZZIIIIIINNNNNGGGGG YUM-O it was all you can eat BBQ. RIBS, BRISKET, SAUSAGE, POTATO SALAD, CORN ON THE COB, BEANS you name it, they just keep bringing it to your table... I swear If I don't see another rib anytime soon that's OK... I GORGED myself on meat... (sorry veggies but I think between us all we ate a full cow )

well this restaurant was about 45 Min's south. but after following Dan's directions it took us 1 1/2 hours. and believe you me... WE TEASED poor Dan the entire way....

the restaurant was called CYCLONE and it ROCKED....
here are some reviews that are on the web

This place is downright Texan. It is open air with good Country music on the jukebox and the best Bar-B-Que you'll ever eat. It comes family style with spare ribs, sausage, brisket, potato salad, Cole slaw, beans, sauce, bread, pickles and onions. If you want more of anything, they get it for you. I love this place!

The Best BBQ in Texas
Hard to find, but worth every minute and mile of the drive to get there!! The best food, fair price, pure Texas atmosphere. Been going there for years, every time we visit my family, if Cyclone is open, it's understood we will be going there for dinner. [22 Jun 2006 15:05:32]

Food: ***** Service: ***** Ambiance: ***** Overall: *****



I am telling you. If any of you get to the great state of Texas FIND IT AND EXPERIENCE IT.... just don't let Dan drive.

Cyclone Corral Bar-B-Q

(254) 985-2317

1616 Farmers Rd
Burlington, Texas 76519


No comments: